NTHS is an abbreviation for "Nordens Tekniska Högskolors Skeppsbyggare" ("Shipbuilders of Universities in the Nordic Countries")
The members of the association are composed of students from the following universities:
- Aalto University, School of Engineering (Aalto), Helsinki
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Stockholm
- Norges Tekniske Naturvitenskaplige Universitet (NTNU), Trondheim
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU), Copenhagen
- Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (CTH), Gothenburg
The Congress, which lasts for a week, is every years event and the duty of hosting rotates between the participating universities. The Congress has a long history and the first one was arranged 1948. On year 2010 the Ship Builders Club from Helsinki University of Technology is honoured to arrange the 63th Congress. The idea of the Congress is to maintain and develop relations between ship building students in Scandinavia. Also one important thing is that participators can have a general picture of Scandinavian shipbuilding industry and shipping companies. Ten students from each university gather together for a week and visits in shipbuilding related companies and spend good time together.